Mounting a bolt-on procon rotary vane pump (56C Frame)
NOTE You should have these parts before you start:
- bolt-on pump
- motor adapter and bolt set
- 3-piece drive shaft coupling
- 56C frame motor
Mount the drive shaft coupling
- Make sure motor is electrically disconnected and cannot accidentally turn on.
- Mount the half of the coupling for the motor onto the motor shaft and tighten the set screw.
- Insert the elastomer piece onto the motor piece.
- Mount the half of the coupling for the pump onto
- the pump shaft, but do not tighten the set screw
- Make sure the coupling slides easily onto the pump
- and the motor shaft, do not force it.
- Make sure the shaft does not protrude into the
- space occupied by the elastomer piece. Series 6 pumps require a shaft key.
- Use four 3/8 inch dia. by 1 inch long bolts (16 threads/inch) and lock washers. Rotate the pump to orient the inlet/outlet ports.
- Trial mount the pump onto the motor adapter while engaging the coupling pieces
Tighten the set screw on the pump
Check your assembly
- The elastomer coupling piece should have about 1/16 inch of play between the two metal pieces. If it does not, repeat steps 1-5 until corrected.
Fasten the pump to the adapter
- Use three 1/4 inch dia. by 3/4 inch bolts (20 threads/inch) and lock washers. For series 6 pumps, use two 3/8 inch dia. by 1 inch bolts (16 threads/ inch).
- Must correspond to the arrows on the nameplate.