Mounting a clamp-on procon rotary vane pump (48YZ Frame)
NOTE You should have these parts before you start
- clamp-on pump
- V-band clamp
- 48YZ frame motor
- Make sure motor is electrically disconnected and cannot accidentally turn on
- Slip the V-band onto the motor ring flange
- Mount the pump to the motor by inserting the tank (shaft) of the pump into the slot on the motor
- Rotate the pump to orient the inlet/outlet ports as desired
- Make sure the ring flages on the pump and on the motor are properly engaged and flush against one another
- Make sure the clamp is fully seated around the entire circumference of the pump and motor flanges
- Tighten the V-band clamp using 15 to 30 inch- pounds of torque
- Do not over tighten the clamp. The V-band clamp is designed to support the pump and fittings only.
- Loads caused by rigid plumbing or heavy attachments may result in misalignment.
- Use mounting holes on motor flange to mount motors for Rotary Vane and Mag Drive Pumps.
- To mount Micro Vane and Gear Pumps use four holes on the pump adapter. Refer to the individual sell sheet for details.